Those of you that follow our social media profiles and news channels may have noticed we recently achieved a top accolade for being an exemplary employer. Cox Automotive was named the fourth-best company to work for in the automotive industry and the 18th best big company to work for in the whole of the UK.
The lists were compiled by employee engagement specialist Best Companies, who measure performance through employee surveys. Over 80% of our employees took part in the survey to share their feedback – a level of engagement we think tells a story in itself.
In this week’s Fuel/five, we share just some of the things they said:
1. We have effective leadership and management
- 72% think the organisation is run on strong values/principles
- 68% said gave positive scores when asked whether they have confidence in their manager’s leadership skills
- 67% think their manager is an excellent role model
2. We provide excellent growth opportunities
- 61% of employees gave positive scores when asked if their job is good for their own personal growth
- 68% said their work is continually stimulating
- 87% believe they can make a valuable contribution to the success of this organisation
3. We’re team players
- 74% think their manager treats everyone fairly
- 76% say they feel a strong sense of family in their team
- 80% report that their team colleagues go out of their way to help them
4. We care for each other
- 84% say help is available to support their mental wellbeing
- 79% agree their manager cares about them as an individual
- 85% say they can tell their manager when work is going badly
5. We really are a great place to work!
- 77% say they feel proud to work for Cox Automotive (one in four strongly agree!)
- 74% said they ‘love’ working for us and 79% say they’d recommend it as a great place to work
- 63% say they are excited about where our organisation is going